MNP stands for Mobile Number Portability and this is a customer process using smart phone. This is a process which allow user to change their operator to another operator without changing the number and their number will remain same which is registered. There are so many telecom companies available in India such as Reliance, Jio, BSNL, Vodafone, Airtel and Idea and for porting your number, you have to follow some steps which are very easy.
TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) is a supervisor of all the telecom companies and in India, all telecom companies are supervised by TRAI. The basic aim of TRAI is to run all the telecom companies and services smoothly and without any problem. TRAI also resolves the issues and complains which made by customers.
MNP Status Check
To check MNP status, there are many ways in which one of the way is to visit the official site. You can also check your MNP status by sending SMS or by contacting customer care. You have to follow the steps below in which we will show you how you can check your MNP status online by visiting the site. This is very simple process and anyone will understand easily.
- In the first, you have to visit the official website of MNP India which you will find on internet by typing MNPindia.in and after that click on the menu and you will see option called Know Your Porting Status. Click on this option.
- A new window will appear in which you will be asked to enter your important details such as your name, your mobile number and your UPC code. UPC stands for Universal Product Codes which you will get via SMS on your device when you will send message to a port for 1900.
- After that you will be asked to enter the Captcha Code because it is a verification to check whether it is filled by robot or human. Enter Captcha carefully.
- Now you have to submit this by clicking submit button.
- If you enter any wrong information, then it will show you error and ask you to enter your correct info and try again. You will need to enter your correct info in order to avoid any issue.
- Done! After that you will see the status of your MNP porting after some time or verification.
Some Advantages of MNP
If you have port your number successful, then there are some advantages which you have to check.
- If you are a postpaid user, then you can port it in prepaid.
- Your mobile number can also be able to change from CDMA to GSM.
- If you are planning to change the city, then you do not need to change your number and you can use the same number without any problem.
- You can easily get your number ports and it does not matter where you are in the country.
The Process to Port your Number
There are some rules which you have to follow before porting your number and before these rules, you cannot do anything.
If you got a new sim from any of the company, then you have to wait 3 months before port that number.
- In the first, you will have to generate UPC code by sending the message from your own number.
- After that, you will get the UPC code.
- Now you need to visit the operator you want to port your number and then you must tell them the code. You also have to show your identity card or any other card which shows your identity.
- After that, the operator will give you the new sim card and remember that the whole process may take up to seven days and you may have to pay some fee for that process.